2012 Ultimate Lindy Hop Showdown
Contest Registration Form
PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS INFO!
- All Competitors must purchase a weekend ticket prior to signing up for ANY contest.
- Your weekend ticket is not complete until payment is received. Any unpaid tickets will be deleted and contest entries will not be honored.
- Only one person per couple/team needs to register and pay.
- All contests are danced to LIVE MUSIC, including the Choreography Showcase & Team divisions.
- There are no refunds on contest entry fees. We offer credits for other 2012 contests only.
- If a contest is cancelled due to low registrations, a full refund will be given to all competitors.
- Be sure to double check the schedule as contests start early this year.
- The first contest (Showdown Prelims) start on Friday AFTERNOON at 1pm at The French Market.
Info For Showcase Competitors Only
- Showcase songs that require more than average time to write charts & rehearse may require an additional $25 fee.
- The $25 fee goes directly to the musicians for their extra time.
- Songs that are already in the band leaders existing repertoire or that are on the Meschiya Lake & The Lil Big Horns album will not require a fee.
- If you provide your own charts and lead sheets you might not have to pay this fee (depending on how difficult the song is).
- Recordings that have been edited for other contests (even if its a simple traditional song or off Meschiya's album) may require this fee.
- Please submit small combo tracks only (old or modern bands).
- No Big Band tunes. Yes, you love Lindy Hopping to them, but they require way too many hours of work to alter to fit a small combo performance.
- Don't let this any of discourage you. Just submit your song IMMEDIATELY for band approval. They will get back to you in a few days.
- Songs must be submitted for approval BEFORE you sign up and pay for Showcase or Team contests.
- Deadline to submit music is Sept 1st (Do not assume the band is going to be able to learn your song a week or a few days before the event.)
- Rehearsal for your performance will be on Saturday evening tentetively around 7pm at Generations Hall.
- Showcase routines will be performed will be Saturday night at 9pm sharp.
- Send all music, questions, or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, online contest registration is now closed. But don't worry! You'll be able to sign up at the event.